Non-dairy milk has never been more popular. It can be a delicious alternative to cow milk and a better decision to look after the planet, especially if you make it at home! You will be saving money as well as our environment.
Besides, when we make our food instead of buying industrialized products, we eat fresh, wholesome meals that will help us improve our health and our general wellbeing.
You just need very few ingredients + your Leafico multipurpose reusable cotton bag. Keep reading to find an easy recipe -- with a dash of creativity!
Special sweet almond milk without sugar!
What do you need:
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 3 cups of cold water
- 3 to 5 pitted Medjool dates
A pinch of salt
- Put the almonds in a container and cover them with a few inches of water. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the almonds, and place them in your blender. Add 3 cups of the water, the dates (previously soaked in boiling water for 2 minutes), and salt, and blend for 1 minute.
- Strain the almond milk through your cotton bag to remove almond or date pulp leftovers. Squeeze to extract all of the milk.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Spiced golden coconut milk
We added some spices to the classic coconut milk and turned it into delicious golden milk!
½ cup of grated or flaked coconut
2 cups of hot water
2-3 tsp honey
1 tsp of dried turmeric
½ tsp of dried ginger
pinch of black pepper
Optional: ½ tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp cinnamon, pinch of cardamom, pinch of clove, pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Blend the flaked coconut and the hot water in a blender for one minute.
- Strain with Leafico’s multipurpose cotton bag.
Add the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer ingredients on the stove gently for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Leafico Muslin Bags are perfect for shopping in bulk and for straining all kinds of juices. Get them now and try them on your next trip to the kitchen!